Basic Semiconductor Devices: Characteristics of Junction Diode, Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT), Field Effect Transistor (FET) and MOSFET.
Amplifiers: Transistor as an amplifier, Common Emitter configuration, Differential amplifier, Operational Amplifier.
Feed back circuits: Concept of feedback, Negative feedback and its effect on: Bandwidth, Input & Output impedances, stability, Positive feedback and Oscillators.
Operational based circuits: Amplifiers, Instrumentation amplifiers and filters, Analog to digital and digital to analog converter.
Introduction to digital electronics: Number systems, Digital Codes, Boolean Algebra.
Combinational logic: Gates, Truth tables and Karnaugh Map, Solving digital problems with maps, Sum-of-products and Product-of-sum map reduction, Incompletely specified functions, Multiple-output minimization.
Sequential logic: Flip-flops, State machine concept, Counters, Registers, Shift registers, Arithmetic and Logic Unit and Programmable Logic Devices.
1. Mottershead, “Electronic Devices and Circuits”, Prentice-Hall of India Pvt. Ltd.
2. P.Malvino, “Electronic Principles”. Tata Mc-Graw Hill Publishing. Co
3. Horowitz and Hill, The Art of Electronics
4. Ramakant A.Gayakwad, Op-Amps and Linear Integrated Circuit Technology, Prentice Hall India Ltd
5. William H.Gothmann, Digital Electronics : An Introduction to theory and practice,
6. Prentice Hall India Ltd
7. A.P. Malvino, D.P. Leach, “Digital Principles and Applications”, Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Co.Ltd.
8. Morris M. Mano, Digital Logic and Computer Design, Prentice Hall