- About Us
|ED 5165||Automotive Engines and Systems||4||-||-||4||PMT|
Introduction and Overview – History of automobiles and an overview of a modern car.
Transmission and Drivelines – Clutches, Manual Transmission and Automatic Transmission, Transmission matching.
Steering System and Steering Dynamics – Mechanism, wheel alignment and steering dynamics.
Suspensions – Components and type of suspension, roll center analysis, tires and their role in handling and ride.
Brake Systems – Principles, Dynamics and Components, Antilock Brake System.
1. R. Stone and J.K. Ball, Automotive Engineering Fundamentals, SAE International, 2004.
2. K. Newton, W. Steeds and K. Garrett, The Motor Vehicle, Butterworths, 1989.
3. V. Ganesan, Internal Combustion Engines, Tata McGraw Hill, 2007.
1. D. B Astow, G. Howard and J. P. Whitehead, Car Suspension and Handling, SAE International, 2004.
2. R. Limpert, Brake Design and Safety, SAE International, 1992.
3. R. Stone, Introduction to Internal Combustion Engines, 3rd Edition, Palgrave, 1999.