- About Us
|ED 5330||Control of Automotive Systems|
Mathematical Preliminaries – Review of Laplace transforms, Fourier transforms, linear algebra and ordinary differential equations.
Brief review of classical control theory – Transient response and frequency response of linear time invariant systems, Root locus, Bode and Nyquist plots, Stability criterion.
Introduction to state space approach – Motivation, Canonical representations and solutions, Stability analysis, Controllability and Observability, Control design based on state space approach, Observers, Introduction to Lyapunov function based analysis.
Longitudinal control of automobiles – Engine control systems: Mathematical models, Lambda control, Idle speed control and Knock control; Driveline control; Brake control systems: Control of hydraulic and air brake systems, Antilock Braking Systems; Adaptive Cruise Control.
Lateral control of automobiles – Mathematical models, Steering control.
Control of automobile suspensions – Active and semi-active suspensions, Mathematical models and Control design.
1. U. Kiencke and L. Nielsen, Automotive Control Systems: For Engine, Driveline, and Vehicle, 2nd Edition, Springer, 2005.
2. Rajesh Rajamani, Vehicle Dynamics and Control, Springer, 2006.
1. J. Y. Wong, Theory of Ground Vehicles, 4th Edition, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2008.
2. J. J. E. Slotine and W. Li, Applied Nonlinear Control, Prentice Hall, Inc., 1991.
3. T. Kailath, Linear Systems, Prentice Hall, Inc., 1980.
4. R. F. Stengel, Optimal Control and Estimation, Dover Publications, Inc., 1994.
5. K. Ogata, Modern Control Engineering, 3rd Edition, Prentice Hall, Inc., 1997.