- About Us
|ED 3020||Design for X||3||-||-||3||PMT|
Design for Manufacture: Design for Injection Molding, Sheet Metal Working, Die casting, Powder Metal Processing, Sand Casting, Investment Casting, Hot Forging, Computer aided Design.
Design for Assembly: Definition, Assembly requirements and key characteristics, Significance of dimensioning and tolerance for assembly parts, Assembly sequence analysis. Design for Manual Assembly, High speed automatic assembly, Robotic assembly.
Design for electronic boards, Electrical connections and wire harshness assembly. Design for Modularity
Design for Environment: Eco-design and design strategies, Design for waste minimization, Re-cycling, Life Cycle concepts.
Design for Quality: Faults and Fault-tree analysis, Failure Mode Effect Criticality Analysis
1. O Molloy, E A. Warman, S Tilley, “Design for Manufacturing and Assembly: Concepts, Architectures and Implementation”, Chapman & Hall, 1998.
2. Geoffrey Boothroyd, Peter Dewhurst, “Product Design for Manufacture and Assembly”, Winston Knight, Mercel Dekker, 2001
3. G. Pahl and W. Beitz, “Engineering Design, A Systematic Approach”, Springer, 1999.
4. Daniel E. Whitney “Mechanical Assemblies” Oxford University Press, 2004.
5. Helen Lewis, John Gertsakis, Tim Grant, Nicola Morelli, Andrew Sweatman, “Design and Environment: A Global Guide to Designing Greener Goods”, Greenleaf Publications, 2001