- About Us
|ID 1200||Ecology and Environment||2||-||-||2||BET|
1. Modern approaches to explore bio-diversity and conservation.
1. Environment Problems and Solutions, D A Asthana and Meera Asthana, S Chand and Co 2001
Chemical Engg – 6 hrs duration
1. Control of particulate pollution : 1 hr
2. Control of gaseous pollution : 1 hr
3. Definitions & Classification of hazardous waste : 1 hr
4. Treatment of a typical hazardous waste : 1 hr
5. Advanced concepts in ecological conservation : 2 hrs
Chemistry – 5 hrs duration
Organic Pollutants: Primary and secondary pollutants, chlorofluorocarbons and halons, stratospheric ozone depletion, its consequences and preventive measures, Smog – origin, effects and control (1 hr)
Air Pollutants: Analysis – chemical principles, major constituents and trace pollutants, detection and estimation, conventional and instrumental approaches (1 hr)
Water Pollutants: Analysis – chemical principles, suspended & dissolved species, detection and estimation, wet and instrumental approaches (1 hr)
Soil: Composition variety, acid-base and ion exchange reactions, macro and micronutrients, wastes and pollutants, soil erosion (1 hr)
Civil Engg – 5 hrs duration
Waste Water: Origin of waste water (Municipal & Industrial), their effects on limnological and ecological systems (1 hr)
Effluent standards, basic concepts of environmental impact assessment (1 hr)
Solid Waste Management: Effects of municipal solid waste (MSW) on ground water and general environment. Hidden costs of environment pollution (1 hr)
Source segregation, basic principles of land filling, composting and vermiculture (1 hr)
1. Environmental Pollution Control Engg., C S Rao, Wiley Easter Ltd Pub
2. Introduction to Environmental Engg., M L Davis, D A Cornwell, McGraw Mill International Pub.
Humanities & Social Sciences – 4 hrs duration
Ecological Thinking: The deep ecology movement and its concerns.
Environmental Economics: Nature as resource, renewability; rural/urban imbalances; Gandhi Economics; Sustainable development.
Environmental Policy Making: International Regulations; Environmental law making: land use, forest conservation, coastal settlements; Industries: Size, location, hazards, enforcement, services, training and education.
Physics: 2 hrs duration
Video shows common for all