- About Us
|ED 3010||Human Factors and Aesthetics in Design||3||1||-||4||PMT|
Designing for People; Workplace design based on anthropometry, bio-mechanics, ergonomics; Human operator control (virtual environments, haptic controls), Human computer Interface
Human factors in automobile, aircraft and medical systems design and representative case studies
Aesthetics in Design – Development of form in Product Design, Creative form Synthesis, Colour and texture as elements of design.
1. Mark S. Sanders and Ernest J. McCormick, “Human Factors in Engineering and Design”, McGraw-Hill, 1992
2. Robert W. Bailey, “ Human Performance Engineering” A Guide for System Desigers”, Prentice-Hall, 1982
3. “Human Factors in Automotive Design”, SAE International SP 1591, SAE, Warrendale, USA, 2001.
4. Phillips, C.A., “Human Factors Engineering”, John Wiley & Sons, 2000.
5. “Human Engineering, Design Criteria Standard”, MIL-STD-1472F, Department of Defense, USA, 1999
6. Bahr, N., System safety engineering and risk assessment: A practical approach. Washington DC, Taylor and Francis; 1997