- About Us
|ED 6002||Optimization methods in Engineering Design|
Fundamentals of optimization with single objective. Classical optimization methods. Unconstrained optimization, univariate, direct search and gradient based methods. Constrained optimization, Kuhn-Tucker conditions, sensitivity analysis, direct search methods, feasible direction and gradient projection methods. Interactive design optimization with constraint corrections. Special techniques like Geometric programming and genetic algorithms. Introduction to multi objective optimization and pareto optimality. Multidisciplinary optimization formulation and methods.
1. Optimization for engineering design: algorithms and examples, Kalyanmoy Deb, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., 2005.
2. Introduction to optimum design, J S Arora, Elsevier India Pvt. Ltd., 2004.
1. Optimization concepts and applications in engineering, Ashok D. Belegundu and T R Chandrupatla, Pearson Education (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., 2005.
2. Analytical methods in design practice, Gyung-Jin Park Springer London, 2007.
3. Multi-Objective Optimization Using Evolutionary Algorithms, Kalyanmoy Deb, John Wiley & Sons (Asia) Pte. Ltd., 2001.