- About Us
|ED3152||Precision Processes and Systems|
Introduction to precision engineering for manufacturing with emphasis on design and performance of precision machinery for manufacturing.
Machine tool elements and structure; sources of error: thermal, static, dynamic, process-related; sensors for process monitoring and control; metrology; machine design case studies
Precision machining processes and process models; examples of precision component manufacture; process planning and design; energy efficiency of precision processes; data-driven manufacturing
1. Precision Manufacturing, David Dornfeld and Dae-Eun Lee, Springer, 2008.
1. A. H. Slocum, Precision Machine Design, Prentice-Hall, 1992.
2. H. Nakazawa, Principles of Precision Engineering, Oxford University Press, 1994.
3. P. Seyfried, H. Kuntzmann, P. McKeown and M. Weck, eds., Progress in Precision Engineering, Springer-Verlag, 1991.
4. C. Evans, Precision Engineering; An Evolutionary View, Cranfield Press, 1989.
5. J.Tlusty, Manufacturing Processes and Equipment, Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River NJ, 2000.