- About Us
|ED 5050||Structural and Component Design of Vehicles||4||-||-||4||PMT|
Review of the behaviour of thin walled beams – in bending and torsion, with examples from Vehicle structures. Load Cases and load factors in vehicle design
Analysis of Chassis, body shell analysis. Simple Structural Surface Method and the Finite element method. Safety against Crash
Suspension System : Types of Front and Rear Suspensions. Design, Analysis using Multibody dynamics, Characteristics of Dampers and adaptive damping. Suspension testing.
Steering : Layout, Design of steering systems.
Selection / Design of gearbox, clutch, drivelines, axles and its integration.
Introduction to engine component design
1. J.C. Brown, A.J. Robertson, S.T. Serpento, Motor Vehicle Structures, Butterworth Heinemann Publishers, Oxford, England, 2002
2. H.Heisler, Vehicle and Engine Technology, 2nd Edition, Arnold, 1999
1. J. Fenton, Handbook of Vehicle Design Analysis, SAE International, 1996.
2. J. Pawlowski, Vehicle body Engineering, Business Books, 1969.
3. J.Happian-Smith, An Introduction to Modern Vehicle Design, 2nd Edition, Butterworth- Heinemann, 2000