- About Us
|ED3060||Structural Dynamics and Vibration||3||-||-||3||MNS|
Single Degree of Freedom System : Equations of Motion, Damping, Free Response. Forced Response in frequency and time domain.
Multi-degree-of-freedom system : Equations, eigen values and eigenvectors and its significance in design.
Random Vibration: Fundamentals, response to single dof, correlation function and cross – spectral density functions. Applications to vehicle dynamics, Introduction to Modal Testing
1. D. Thorby, Structural Dynamics and Vibration in Practice, Elsevier, 2008.
2. L. Meirovitch, Fundamentals of Vibration, McGraw-Hill, 2001.
1. D.E. Newland, Mechanical Vibration Analysis and Computation, Dover, 1989.
2. D.E. Newland, An Introduction to Random Vibrations, Spectral & Wavelet Analysis, 3rd Edition, Dover, 1993.
3. R.R. Craig, A.J. Kurdila, Fundamentals of Structural Dynamics, John Wiley, 2006.