EM Research Lab
ED Home Page
ED2050 Analog and Digital Circuits (Jul-Nov)
- Resistive, RL, RC, RLC networks, Network theorems, AC circuits, Frequency response, Transient analysis, Basic semiconductor devices, Amplifiers, Feed back circuits, MOSFETs, Operational amplifiers, Digital Electronics, Combinational logic, Sequential logic.
- A. Agarval & J. H. Lang, "Foundations of Analog and Digital Electronics"
- Millman & Halkias, "Integrated Electronics - Analog and Digital Circuits"
- Morris Mano, "Digital Logic and Computer Design", Prentice-Hall
- Ken Martin, "Digital Integrated Circuit Design"
ED2020 Applications of Microprocessors and Microcontrollers (Jan-May)
- Introduction: Building blocks of the Digital computer, CPU functions, Memory types, Input/Output Devices, Stored program concept, History of Microprocessors.
- Intel 8086 Microprocessor: Internal architecture, Hardware description, Assembly Language Programming, Interfacing with Programmable Peripheral Interface, Data Converters (DAC, ADC).
- Microcontroller: Intel-8051 Architecture, Hardware description, Memory organization, Addressing Modes. Programming the i8051: Instruction set, Assembly language programming, structure and interrupt priorities, Interfacing with external devices.
- Microcomputer Systems: The 8086/8088 Family, Architecture, Programming, and Design, Yu-Cheng Liu and Glenn A. Gibson, Prentice Hall; 2 edition (January 13, 1986)
- The 8051 Microcontroller and Embedded Systems, Muhammad Ali Mazidi, Janice Gillispie Mazidi, Rolin McKinLay, Prentice Hall; 2 edition (October 6, 2005)
- 8086 Assembly Language Programming: Arithmetic, logic operations, counters, PPI programming, interfacing with ADC, DAC, stepper motor.
- 8051 Assembly Language Programming: Arithmetic, logic operations, counters, interfacing with ADC, DAC, stepper motor, ATMEL flash microcontroller programmer.
ED2100 Electronics Laboratory (Jul-Nov)
- Design and building basic signal acquisition, conditioning and processing circuits for device monitoring and control, process control, and automotive and medical device instrumentation.
- Circuit theorems, AC, DC circuits, and R, L, C networks
- Characteristics of PN junction and Zener diodes, bipolar and field effect transistors, and operational amplifiers (opamp)
- Applications of diodes, transistors and opamps
- Logic gates, flip flop implementation using integrated circuits (ICs)
- Design and implementation of shift registers, counters, Logic design using ICs
ED5060 Medical equipment Dissection laboratory (Jan-May)
- Study of various medical equipments by dissection.
- Understanding the functions, concepts and features of a product in product design, taxonomy.
ED5316 Antenna Theory and Design (Jan-May)
- Understand electromagnetic fundamentals of antenna theory.
- Design of wire and aperture antennas, linear arrays, design of reflector and lens antennas and frequency independent antennas.
- Antenna Theory: Parts I and II, R. E. Collin and F. J. Zucker, New York: McGraw-Hill (1969)
- Antenna Theory and Design, R. S. Elliott, John Wiley and Sons (IEEE Press Series on Electromagnetic Wave Theory, 2003)
Web site and all contents © Copyright Kavitha Arunachalam 2010, All rights reserved.